Paneer Gulab Jamun - Raksha Bandhan Special


My Entry for Archana's Kitchen - Festive Cooking Contest

This Raksha Bandhan woo your brother with this mouth melting Paneer Gulab Jamuns and strengthen your bond with a sweet touch. All these years with those nasty arguments and sibling rivalry it's time to tell him how much you love him and proud to have him as your brother.




I still remember Raksha Bandhan use to be grand affair in my family, early morning mom use to wake us up with our respective to do lists for the festival, we use to get dressed up in new clothes and by shubh muhrat we both use to be all set for pooja. But the only thing I use to love and my brother use to hate about Raksha Bandhan was the gifts and money I have with me by the end of the day.


Being the eldest kid in the entire clan I was close to all the cousins so I use to make sure that on day of Raksha Bandhan I meet all my cousins but today we all are so busy in our metro lives that some of my cousins I have not even met after my marriage. Today Raksha Bandhan has got confined to sending Rakhi in couriers and wishing each other on 'Whatsapp'.


These Paneer Gulab Jamuns are my version of famous Bengali Sweet Channa Jalebi or Paneer Jalebi, if you want instead of shaping dough into round balls it can be shaped like Jalebi also but I find it time taking and when you are doing this for large gathering especially during festivals there are lot many other things which requires your attention.














Thanks for stopping by
Hina

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time out and sharing your views with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...